Thursday, May 28, 2015

"WHY GOD HAS NOT EXPLAIN"

"The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law"
DEUTERONOMY 29:29(KJV) 
 
KEVIN KOMPELIEN and his wife were confronted with the "Why-has-this-happened?" question when their son, then 12 years old, was diagnosed with cancer.
  As he spoke of the challenge to what he believed Kevin shared, "I found myself looking for answers. As I studied the Scriptures and prayed I became more and more aware that I cannot explain to myself and other what God has not explained to me."
  If the "Why question" is a defined of our faith, did God leaves us ill-equipped to face this dark night of the soul? On the other hand, if God had gone to great lenghts and given us checklists and diagrams take us through dark valleys would we even then understand?
  It's impossible to fully understand what God hasn't explained to us. Yet God has not ignored the issue, nor should His seeming silence keep us from running to Him in times of need. Job of the old Testament struggled with this issue. He lost his children, his income and livelihood, his friends, and even the respect of his wife. In the end Job recognized God's sovereignty and greatness and learned that He is a refuge.
  "I to realize that God was more than enough, " kevin said as he thought of his difficulty and the faithfulness of God. You can as well. Realizing that God is enough is one of the most important lessons you will ever learn. It enables you or me to trust His Word when you cannot see His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment