Wednesday, November 2, 2016

"Your Presence is heaven to me"

"You have made known to me the path of life, you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."
                                                                                   Psalm 16;11

pleasure things give delight and satisfaction to the soul. Pleasure is found lying under an oak tree on a windy day, with the cool grass beneath and the rustle of leaves above. Pleasure is discovered by a cheery fire, curled upon a couch with your favorite afghan and herbal tea. Pleasure is capture in the soft smile and gentle eyes of the one you love.
    Our souls are restless, raging and thirsting for fulfillment, for delight, for. . . pleasure. Someone has said, "The worth and excellency of a soul is to be measured by the object of its love." Who we are in our innermost being is revealed by those things we passionately desire. If we desire dull, sensual thing our souls when He commands,"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart." God is not only the one who gives pleasure, but is Himself all pleasure.
    Eternal pleasure are found at God's right hand. Stop there. You don't have to look any further. God places passions within you so that you'll keep searching until you find utter delight in Him.
Don't deny your desire for delight. Guard yourself on God and discover real and deep delight.
You are the delight of my soul, Lord, and I look to you for all fulfillment. Help me to see that the longings You're placed within me are signpoint directing me always and always to you. Your presence is heaven to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment