Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The Great Potter

Jeremiah 18:1-6
As the clay is in the Potter's hand, so are you in My hand.

One definition of the word attitude is "the of approach" that an aircraft takes when landing. Author Chris Spicer writes: "Attitude are to life as the angle of approach is to flying." He adds, " Attitude is the way we choose to think about things; attitude will cause us to react and behave in a certain way." He also days that attitude are inborn or accidental. They are learn and absorbed reaction; therefore they can ne changed.
  During my thirties, the Lord began convicting me of my wrong thinking toward myself, others, and life--negative, self-pity, and bitter thinking. With the help of God's Word. I recognized my need for change in three main areas: my attitude, action, and reactions. But I feared I couldn't change. One day I read in Jeremiah 18 how the Potter refashioned some marred clay (which is what I felt like) into a different vessel. As it pleased the Potter. What I couldn't do, my great Potter could! Only needed to be cooperative clay.
  Today this vessel is far from  finished. But as I put myself in the Potter's hand, He keeps working on me and shaping my attitude and reactions. I call them Christ- attitude. Christ- actions and Christ- reactions.
The great potter can do the same for you. . . Having Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way! Thou art the Potter, I am the clay: Mold me and make me after Thy will. While I am waiting, yielded and still.

No comments:

Post a Comment