Saturday, October 17, 2015

" Fearlessness"

       "Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words 
        may be given so  that I  will  fearlessly  make  known the
         mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in 
         Chains. Pray that I may deckare it fearlessly, as I should"
                                                             ---Ephesians 6 : 19-20


        The apostle Paul may be considered one of the most bold and courageous ambassador of the Gospel, but even he got butterflies in his stomach. In one paragraph, he twice asks for prayer for courage i. Sharing the truth of the Gospel. How odd to think that even the great apostle felt fear 
         We can identify with Paul's struggle. When it cmes to declaring the Gospel, whether pointing an unbeliever ti Christ, or exposing sin in the life of a fellow believer, many would rather drop broad hints abd hope tgat the Holy Spirit would do the rest. Often we are an emotional mixed bag, fearful of saying the right thing in the wrong place or the wrong thing in the right place
        Sometimes we are fearful of not only de karing the Gospel but of demonstrating it. Compassion may have suited our Lord, but perhaps we would rather drop coins in a Salvation Army bucket and remain at an arm's-length distance from people with real hurts
        Fear is natural for humans. Fearlessness is a supernatural grace God gives when we, like Paul, pray and ask for courage.

        We may fumble wutb what to say. When and how to say it; we 
        May struggle with what to do, when and how to do it. That's 
        Why prayer is the best preface to either declaring of demon-
        strating the Gospel. The Lord is our resources for courage.

        Lord, I need Your courage today. Help me to look for opportunities
        To make known Your Gospel. And when I open my mouth, please
        Give me words so that I can fearlessly declare and demonstrate
        Your Gospel of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment