Friday, October 2, 2015

Knowing the Spirit

          "God demonstrated His Own love toward us, in
           that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
                                        Roman 5:8


          It's difficult to go through life with only half the story. Half the instructions will not make a half -way decent swing set. Half a novel will leave you dissatisfied. Were there to be some horrible printing calamity and this article be left with only every other word, you. . .  Probably. . . Confused. . . Death. With only half a story, you always will find yourself wanting more, wondering what you are missing. And this is too often the cause of marital infidelity. When it comes to our relations with our better halves, we too often have the wrong half of the story.
         Why did you got  married? Try to answer honesty. What was the goal? Many get married because that's supposed to be the next chapter in the book. It is expected. Some get married because they are afraid of being lonely. And the there are those who get married because they think it will make them happy. They think that the person must be the other that they are missing. Get that half and they'll complete.
        While my own marriage come at a reasonable approximation of the approximate time ( yes i was 27, and no doubt my mother was rather impatient for me to get to that chapter ), while I would surely be lonely if I did not have my dear wife and while she is indeed a joy in my life and in many ways completes me. 
        My friend was having a conversation with a man  who didn't have much good to say about the Christian faith. My friend knew that if he were to sound too religious." He would jeopardize any chance to witness. So in the middle of their discussion. He said, "Hey, Bob do you know where sinners go?"
       "That's easy," he replied. "Youre going to tell me  they go to hell."
       "No." My friend responded They go  church!!

        

No comments:

Post a Comment