Friday, November 20, 2015

"How Much Will It Cost?"

        "And anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not 
          Worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever
          Loses his life for my sake will find it."         Matthew. 10:38-39


Jesus, with eyes full of love and compassion, extends His hand and offers us life abundantly and joyful, here and for eternity. "But how much will it cost?" You ask. The answer is short, simple, and painful. "It will cost you everything," the Lord replies.
         Ouch, that's what the rich young ruler must have said when he asked Jesus how he could have eternal life. The Lord commended the young man to sell everythings he had gives the money to the poor, and follow Him as His Lord . The  man couldn't bear the cost, and he walked away the loser.
         Is it worth taking up your cross, losing your life, and following the Lord? Jesus wraps His loving arms around us, reminding us, "Everyone who has left houses or bothers or sisters or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life" (Matthew19:29).

         What was true for the rich young ruler, is true for us. God
         Seems to always be pointing to one more area of our life that
         Needs to come under His domain. "Ouch," we reply, Lord,
         Haven't you asked enough of me?" You can be sure that at
         Whatever point you resist, God will persevere.

          Lord, what area of my life still needs to come under Your rule?
          Please show it to me, and then help me to place it under Your
          domain. May I look to the apostle Paul who counted everything
          a loss in order to know Jesus. Please help me to understand
          that I have everything to gain when I lose my life for Your sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment