Monday, April 24, 2017

Do Not Forget

Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song to the LORD, and spoke, saying, I will sing to the LORD, for he has triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider has he thrown into the sea. The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
Exodus 15:1-2 AKJV

What a sing of praise! The entire chapter of Exodus 15 is a glorious praise song to the Lord after He opened a path through the Red Sea. You can imagine the Israelites' amazement when they saw the water parted like giant glass skyscrapers. Littles wonder they sang on for twenty-one verses in music and melody.
    But a few verses later, their joy turned sour. Their song gave out. After three days of traveling in the desert without finding water, they grumbled, saying, "What are we to drink? The sing faded all too quickly when they ran into trouble. The irony is, they grumbled about water! Didn't they remember God's miracle with water? They had just watched Him part a whole sea of it.
    Our own songs of praise fade all too quickly when we forget how God protect and provides for us. We need to take the advice God gave the Israelites in Deuteronomy 4:9, "Only be careful and watches yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen."
Next time you"re tempted to grumble or complain, think if your favorite praise song and then sing it. It will be God's way of helping you not to forget His protection and provision in your life.
Lord, forgive me for having such a short memory of all the marvelous ways You've protection has provided for me. I thank You for all that You've done in the past and all You"ll do in the future, I'm grateful to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment