Monday, April 10, 2017

The fullness of God

And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
Ephesians 3: 17-19

WHEN I THINK OF GOD THE FATHER'S special gift to us, I think of His plan of salvation. The Father was the one who came up with the idea. That's why I often spend time worshiping Him in reverence and respect.
   Other times in my prayer, I think about God the Son and His special gift to us of grace. Jesus is the one who followed through on the Father's plan of salvation. And my response? gratitude that He's my Savior and obedience to Him ad Lord.
   When I dwell on the Holy Spirit and His gift of strength and encouragement of heart, I remember that He"s the one who gives us assurance and joy. That's why I take care not to grieve, quench,or oppose Him.
   Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I am foiled to the measure of all the fullness of God as I commune with each member of the Trinity. It's a glorious way to experience a full communion with Lord and thereby discover how wide, long, high, and deep is the love of Christ.
   God desires to fill you to the brim with the fullness of His love. Although Ephesians. 3:17-19 say that such love surpasses knowledge, we can still enjoy His love's fullness as we enter into a complete and well-rounded communion with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Lord, thank you for wanting to fill me with the fullness of all of Your love. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. . . I worship you.

No comments:

Post a Comment