Sunday, May 14, 2017

LISTENING IN THE SILENCE

I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.
Psalm 32:8
First of all, we need to be sensitive and skilled. Because God's will is unpredictable. In Psalm we find a dialogue between David and the Lord. By the way, notice that this psalm is not only called "A Psalm of David," it is also called "A Maskil." A maskil is an instructive psalm. Also notice that right in the heart of the psalm the word Selah. Appear three times. Selah is a bracketed musical hint included by the psalmist, which calls for pause. When you have a pause in music, you ponder what has just been played or sung as it lingers in the air, and then you anticipate what is coming next. In music, a pause can be very effective. In this case, there are three of them. And right after the third one come these words:
I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.
God is silent, So He does not say, "I will instruct you with My voice." He says, "I will instruct you and teach you and counsel you with My eye upon you." The movement of the eyes is silent movement. Do like the lip reader, we must be very sensitive and skilled as we study our Lord and then respond to the inner promptings from the spirit of God.
   God's will is not only mysterious it is unpredictable. We"ve
Certainly established that, haven't we? Often it is not what we would have expected. Recently, we need to be perceptive and patient because God's plan is continually unfolding. What brought us to where we are right now us all part of His overall plan. But that plan us still in the process of unfolding in our lives, which means that taking us from where we are to His place for us in the future will involve change. And some of those changes we would never expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment