Sunday, May 21, 2017

Solution to despair

you shall seek me, and find me, when you shall search for me with all your heart.
JEREMIAH 29 : 13

DEAD END YOU SEE A STONE wall so high that you are convinced there's no way out. You turn desperate. And then you think, "What do desperate people do?" Dome do nothing at all, dinking deeper into the pit of despair. A few simply give up and take their lives. Then there are those who drink themselves to oblivion or use drugs to numb the pain. Still others have mental breakdowns and drift from reality.
   But there is another oath out of desperation: You can find God's help and strength for your weakness.
    You can he like the psalmist who testified, "In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and he answered by setting me free" (Psalm 118:5). The Bible is replete with stories of men and women who cried out to God in their desperation, and how God heard them. Some of these people include Daniel in the lion's den. Jeremiah in the slime pit and Esther who knew that if the king denied her plea, she would lost her life
    There are some instances when God may have allowed some of the circumstances in your life to help you realize that you had shut Him out if your existence. But whatever the case, there is only one way to find out whether God is strong enough to lift you out of the pit of desperation. Get serious with Him and experience His salvation. Cry out to Him in your despair and await His answer Jeremiah, who knew what it was to be at the point if despair, heard from God who said, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment