Friday, October 23, 2020

DARKNESS AND LIGHT

You will not fear the terror of night. . .nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness
Psalm 5:6
Reading this story I can recall my old days youth. I selling hot pandesal pan 4:30 early morning, at 6:30 delivering newspapers, I had to be out 3:00 a.m. walking through that cemetery in the darkness, sometimes I would be so frightened that I would actually run! I was afraid until I was standing safely under a streetlight on the other side. The scary darkness was dispelled by the light. One thing is that we my cousin, he said, come with me we will visit our ancestor farm. Going there is easy by paddling canoe. We leaves 11:00 Am and reached there by 2:30 pm. But we have climb the mountain to reached his nipa house. He said relax take rest I'll visit my girl friend at this small town and be back soon. Sleeping in this bamboo floor I and look around I can see this old water Jar, looking at the ceiling a hole of a Nipa hut that I can see the sky. i heared the bird singing the wind blowing at the middle of this mountain. That i noticed the Sun is setting that the darkness is coming. If I see map this time I'll be facing the Pacific oceans.
The psalmist understood the connection between fear and darkness, but he also knew that God is greater than those fear. He wrote, "You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day nor, the pestilence that stalks in the darkness"(PS.91:5-6). Neither terrors of night nor evil in the darkness need to drive us fear. We have a God who sent His Son, the light of the world (John 8:12). 
In the light of God's love and grace and truth, we can find  courage, help, and strength to live for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment