Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"Action Scream!

          "hey, are you right? karen asks her puffy-eyed friend,
          "yeah, I'll be fine, I'm just having one of those days 
           when it seems like I'm screwing Up everything in my life."
           "Do you want to talk about it? "Not really."
           "Ok, but I'm going to pray for you all day today,
           "Karen said assuringly.
           "Thanks, but don't bother, I'll be fine , Tania says.

            As humans, we have a tendency to place our trust in
            Our experience what has worked in the past rather than
            In God's words. and our actions, not our words, are 
            The best indication of where we're placed our trust.

            John writes: "We know we have come to know Him 
             If we obey His commands. the man who says 'I know
            Him,' but does not do what he commands is a liar and 
            The truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, 
            God's love is truly made complete in him"(1 John 2:3-5).

            Many people play religious games. They begin by stating 
            Biblical view, then contradict it. They say things like, 
            'I believe God has the power to help me, but. . . " or " 
            " Sure, I know God answers our prayers, but. . . " as
            Soon as they add "but" to the end of those statement, 
            They are essentially admitting that they really don't 
            Believe God'd truth. their lack of faith causes them to miss
            Out on some of the blessings God wants to give them.

            Guess what? God wants us to depend on Him, even for 
            More faith! In the gospel of Mark, a man who lacked 
            Enough faith prays: "i do believe; help me overcome 
            My belief!" (Mark9:24).
            Jesus was able to work a miracle and heal this man's son.
            When do you have a hard time believing God's promises?
            When do you doubt that obeying His commandments is 
            Truly the best way to live? Maybe you've given up praying
            For a difficult situation or a family member's salvation 
            Because you've lost hope.

            Today , ask for help with your unbelief :
            " God, I do believe in You and the truth of your Word.
            But I've been let down so many timess, that sometimes 
            I think You are going to fail me too. Help my unbelief!
            Give me childlike faith so I can live my life by trusting in You,
            Not by my own abilities or experience. 
            Thank You."
            

             
            

           

No comments:

Post a Comment