Monday, September 22, 2014

"UNLOVELY TRAITS"

          "Hear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy
                                                                                Psalm86:1


          My spiritual battleground is not over a pack of Cigarettes 
or a bottle of port. It's not in a disco or movie theatre. My spiritual 
battleground is not a Backyard fence over which i gossip to my 
neighbor Nor is it a fast car I race the speed limit. My paralysis 
Prevents me from reaching for common temptations.That's why 
my spiritual battleground is on the field of My thoughts.

         I possess a very unlovely trait: I will waste precious time 
In idle daydreams. I hate it because wasteful fantasies distract
Me from the real concern of life, causing me to feel restless and
Dissatisfied with the way thing are.

         I draw comfort, though, knowing that my unlovely traits
Furnish me with my best discipline. The very fact that I am 
Ashamed of myself drives me to God. I lie in the dust of my self
Despair at His feet and find safety and acceptance. My lazy 
Thoughts make me contrite and repentant, and I am humbled
That I have to come so often to God for cleansing.

         If we are to have power with the Lord, to be dear to him,
If our prayers are to prevail and if we are to be most useful to
Him, we must jerk right-side up those wrong and unlovely traits
In our lives.

         Amy Carmichael  has said, "No word can declare
         With that longings Divine Love waits until the heart,
         All weary and sick of itself, turns to its Lord and says, 
         "Take full possession."

          Lord, I am poor and needy for I am so often over-
          Whelmed by the unloved traits in my life. May these
          Things drives me to You, whether it's pride, halfheart-
          Ness, peevish temper, or impurity in thought, word,
          Or deed. Good Lord, bear my prayer, and in hearing,
          Please forgive.

         
        
          
          
          

No comments:

Post a Comment