Saturday, January 9, 2016

"Earthly Strongholds"

           "The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble
                                      Nahum 1:7 NKJV


VISIT CORREGIDOR  IN THE  PHILIPPINES, and you will find a deep tunnel. Originally build to store arme and ammunition,  Malinta Tunnel was also a stringhold that bombs of the enemy couldn't penetrate. It served as a haven for wounded soldiers andas headquarter for General MacArthur.
            Strongholds are important because they provide protection. They allow you to sleep at night without fear for your safety.
             When David was a fugitive from Saul, he hid in stronghols in the desert. He learned that safety is not the absence of danger, but the presence of the Lord.
             Repeatedly he referred to the Lord as his fortress. In Psalm 18 he wrote, "I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge" (Psalm 18: 1:2).
            You will nevrr understand that God is a refuge until you run to yhim and throw yoursekf upon His mercy, until you pound on His door and say, "Take me in. I need Your protection and help!" Yet far too many stand outside the door thinking. "I can handle this on my own." If someone were chasing you with a weapon, and he was getting closer, would you stand outside the fortress and wonder if it was strong enough to protect you?
           You may be thinking, "Having God asba fortress worked for David, but I'm not sure it'll work for me!" How would you know unless you try? I've never heard anyone say, 'I threw myself upon the Lord and He closed the door of help in my face."
           Need a refuge? Most earthly strongholds have masdive doors and can be entered by walking. The refuge God provides is entered by kneeling
          

No comments:

Post a Comment