Saturday, January 23, 2016

"PULL UP A CHAIR AND SIT A WHILE"

 "Since, then, you have raised with christ, set your heart on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on thing above, not on earthly things,"
Colossians 3 : 1-2

 I listen carefully and hear what is being said to me. I incline my ear to wisdom and apply my heart to understanding and insight. Humility and fear of you bring wealth and honor and life. In this verse we are twice commanded. First, we are to set our hearts; then second, set our minds on thing above. In other words, things above are to capture our imaginations, emotions, thoughts, feelings, ideas and on and on.
  Most of us consider this command to be not as necessary as other mandates in Scripture. But it is! When you consider that the first and greatest commandement is to love the Lord with all your heart and mind, it follows naturally that we should set our hearts on things above "where Christ is seated at the right hand of God."
  C.H. Spurgeon once said, "Some of you, right now, could not be happy if you were allowed to enter heaven. Shall i tell you why? It is because heaven is a land of the spirit and you have neglected your spirit."
 It is the spiritual person who can most readily set his heart and mind on heaven. So live in the spirit, walk in the Spirit, abide by the Spirit, pray in the Spirit, and you can't help but glean a real and deep longing for heavenly glories above.
  So pull up a chair and sit a while. People who don't trust me are always on the run working striving trying to outrun whatever it is they fear. But when you place yourself in My hand. In Psalm 23:5 you can relax. I'll  prompt you to get up a little earlier to spend time with Me, and I give you peace. Take your order.. In Philippians (4:19). Right in the middle of the world's hurricane of busyness. I'll sevre you a sit-down, four-course meal. If you will make time in your day to stop and enjoy our relationship. I'll take care of the things you're worried above. Enjoy Me in the eye of the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment