Friday, February 26, 2016

"Remember me my Lord"

        "Praise the Lord , O my soul, and forget not all His benefits"
                                          Psalm 103 : 2


What Do We Renember?
         When Jesus was celebrating the Communion with all disciples, He told them, "do this in remembrance of Me." What should we remember when we come to the Lord's table?
         First, dear saint, i know you thank God that Jesus died in your place to free from the consequences of your sins. But He did so many other things for you on the cross.
         
          He is despised and rejected by men, 
          A man of sorrows and acquainted with
          Grief (Isa. 53:4).

          The grief here is the Hebrew choliy which means "weak, sick or afflicted." Surely the hath borne our weaknesses, sicknesses, and afflictions. The Hebrew word for sorrows is makob, which means pain or grief.
          The scripture are clear: Jesus not only died to take away our sins; He died to take away our sicknesses. The new Testatment confirms that fact in Matthew 8:16-17.

          When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirit with a word, and healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying,

          "He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknessed."

            Matthew was referring to Isaiah 53:4, which speaks of christ being stricken, smitten and afflicted. So Jesus died not only to take away your sins, but to take away your sicknesses.
           I believe the psalmist was speaking prophetically of the benefit of the cross when he wrote psalmist 103.
            " Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all ahis benefits"

             Why shouldn't  we forget His benefits? I believe when you forget what God  has done, He is grieved. The psalmist said of the children of Israel, 
             In 2 king 20 in those days, here is the. . . The living man must have a perfect heart.

Verse1.       He turned his face toward the wall
                   And prayed to the Lord
                   Remember me O Lord
                   How i've walked, before you Lord

Verse2.       The Lord was ready to save me
                   In the shadow of his glory
                   Minus ten degrees
                   I will sing His song today

Chorus:       The living shall praised you 
                    With a perfect heart shall 
                    Worship you
                   Whst is good in your sight
                   Just remember me my Lord

Bridge:        All the days of our lives
                   We must be in the house
                   Of the Lord!

Verse3.       In your love you kept me
                   You have blotted out all my sin
                   So you will restored me my health
                   And make me live
              

         

No comments:

Post a Comment