Thursday, March 8, 2018

I WANT TO GO HOME

2 Peter 3:13

"But in keeping with His promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness

After a week of fun---filled activities at a recent retreat, I listened as the microphone was passed from family to family, each tearfully sharing how wonderfully the time had been. Some talked of the meeting new friends. Others, of the games, music, and hikes. A few said how they wished the week could go on and on.
   Then little red- haired, freckle-face Jeff raised his hand. He had Down syndrome and had won the hearts of many people at the retreat. People had been captivated by his winsome smile and joyful spirit. Everyone leaned forward to hear his words. Jeff grabbed the mike and kept it short and sweet as he bellowed: "Let's go home!: He smiled, bowed, and handed back the microphone. Everyone roared with laughter. His mother told me later that, even though Jeff had thoroughly immersed himself in the week's festivities, he missed his daddy back home.
   I identify with Jeff. The good things in this world are pleasant enough, but would we really wish for it to go on as it is?  I don't think so. The good things in this life are merely omens of even greater, more glorious things yet to come. God would not have us mistake this world for permanent dwelling. And I'm with Jeff. It's a good life, but I am looking forward to going home. I miss my Dad.
   "Home is where your heart is. "Never was a saying more true. For when Jesus capture your heart, you are then able to look forward to your of righteousness.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment