Monday, December 19, 2022

HE WORK IN YOUR LIFE

SCRIPTURE: "The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me, your love, O Lord, endures forever-- do not abandon the works of your hands." (Psalm 138:8).
HYMN FOR TODAY: "The Lord my Tower"
GOD ALWAYS FINISH WHAT HE STARTS.
He never begins a project only to leave it half-done. He never writes a run-on sentence. He never walks away from a messy workbench. Unlike us, God never carries over items on His "To Do" list from one eternity to the next. He always completed what He begins. That include you.
He started working on you years ago, long before you became a Christian. Take heart today that the blueprint for your life is still spread before Him. He won't stop working on you until He reaches His goal. By the way, His goal is summed up in Roman 8:29 and His purpose is that you might "be conformed to the likeness of his Son." 
Read Psalm 138 to see how God accomplishes His work in your life. He fulfills His purpose in you with love and faithfulness (v2.). Part of goal is to make you fearless and stouthearted to make brave in heart! (v.3), humble (v.6), and confident in His ability to preserve and protect you (v.7)
For more evidence of God's "finishing what He starts," be encouraged by Philippians1:6. He will never abandon or forsake you. His goal is to make you more like like Jesus, and He won't  stop working on His goal for you until you are complete.
PRAYER THOUGHTS: I am grateful, Lord, that You promise You will fulfill Your purpose for me. Thank You for not abandoning Your work in my life when I am stubborn or disobedient. Today, I want to be willing to co-operate with You. I want to agree with Your purpose in my life. I want to desire the same goals You have for my life. I praise You tga You always finish what You start.

No comments:

Post a Comment