Tuesday, May 6, 2014

"Gift Are to Be Shared"

 "Each one should use whatever gift 
he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in
 its various form."
1Peter4:10

   So what's your gift? Before you give me a theological list or a shrug of the shoulder, Let me share a story with you about a six year old little girl. Her daddy  serves as a pastor in the United States. Daddy was busy studying at the dining room table for sermon the next morning on the chapter from which today's verse taken. He looked up to see Bethany  watching him with a smile
      " What are you doing Daddy?"
      " Im studying for tomorrow sermon
      " Well, when you get done, I'll give you a big hug." With that, Bethany wrapped her arms around her father and squeezed the biggest hug she could muster. "Why did you do that?" my friend responded, "I'm not finished yet." "I know," said Bethany, "I just wanted you to know what it would feel like when you get done."
      What a wonderful picture this little girl provided for her father's sermon the next day." Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others." The pastor was employing his gift when he sat down to study and stood up to preach. But do you see the employment of yet another gift? bethany put her arms to work and exhorted her father with comfort and the promised of reward. Now that's what I call teamwork!

     Our time here is so short. Our chances to put our gift to work are fleeing fast. The question of the day is not how to find your gift. It's where and when you use it. Only in that way will we be "faithfully God's grace."

   
 Lord, I know my gift, Let me use it. Place me into paths of oncoming problems or new opportunities that I might exhibit the manifold Grace of God
 
      I just want to share this song there is a verse say nothing last forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment