Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Believer Position

    Your life is hidden with Christ in God
                     Collosian3:3

   The story is told of a sheriff who decide it was time to tighten the performance standards for his deputies. each deputy had to re-qualify on the firing range and pass tougher requirements. The target was moved farther away, from fifteen yards to twenty-five yards, and the deputies were required to fire off twelve shots in eighteen seconds
    The day before trials, Deputy George Burgin was fitted with hid first pair of trifocals, George hot ready for  his shoot and drew a bead on the target to help his aim.
     Suddenly," he said, "I began to perspire. And when I perspire, my glasses fog up. There I was with a bead drawn on the target, and all I could see was fog.

    "Then I relembered what our Navy instructor had taught us: 'If (for a reason) you ever lose sight if the target,' he said, just remember your position.'
     'So, I just held my position and pulled the trigger as fast as I could. By then I had less  than eigthteen seconds, but I fired all twelve shots, When I took off my glasses and wiped them, I discovered I had hit the bull-eye everytime."

     Sometimes circumstances may cause us to lose sight of our target, or our goal. We do not have a clear sense of where we are headed. If that's the case, we need to do what Deputy Burgin did and  remember our position. As Christian, we are securely positioned " in Christ."

     Each day we must choose to orient ourselves and face the challenges of the day, whatever they may be.  we have the choice to approach the day's opportunities with eager optimism born of faith. When we do, nothing can happen to make us lose sight of our goal. 
" Position" in Christ, we cannot miss

No comments:

Post a Comment