Sunday, February 22, 2015

"That' the day I'll throw a Party"

          "But if serving the Lord seems undersirable to you, then 
           choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve. . . . 
           But as for Me and my household, we will serve the Lord"
                                        Joshua 24 : 15


     Did you ever wonder why i don't use My power to make people do what I want? I could have made the world like a big puppet stage and manipulated everyone by pulling on their strings. But I wanted a real relationship with you. That's why I gave you a free will. I wanted you to have the freedom to choose Me. If I had to force you to love Me, would your love mean as much? Sometimes you will make the wrong choices. But I'm willing to risk that, because when you finally choose My plans for you. I know it will be your decision. I'll know you have come to me because you really desire a relationship with Me and that you want this wonderful new life I have for you. "As for Me and My House." That's the day I'll throw a party! What a revelation!!!
      Serving God was not Joshua's only option. He could have adopted the religion beliefs and practices of his family hetitage in the pagan land of Egypt. He could have accepted idolatrous religion of his neighbors in the region where he now lived. These option probably like easier choices than worshiping God. But Joshua had witnessed God's faithfulness ( Josh. 23 : 14 ). He was convinced that his Lord was the only true God and that serving Him would bring victory and blessing. Joshua decided to serve God alone. He was determined to teach his entire household to honor his Lord as well. He had trusted God for victory on the battle field, and he knew that God could also give him spiritual victory kn his home.
       You, too, must decide whom you will serve. An assortment of popular religion clamors for your allegiance. If you come from a christian heritage, you may choose to embrace the faith of your parents and grandparents. If you did not grow up in a Christian home, you can decide, as Joshua did, to reject your heritage of unbelief and begin a generation that serves the Lord. If you set your mind wholehearted on serving God, your example will bring a tremendrous blessing to your family. If you place your confidence in God, those around you will witness your faith, and they max decide to trust Him too. Choose , as Joshua did, to serve ygod unashamely with all your heart, and the  watch to see how God blesses your family. I want it to be your choice. "That's the day I'll throw a party!!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment