Saturday, April 11, 2015

"LET Me Cover YOU

          "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
               the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 
                              who comforts us in all our troubles.
                                          2 Corinthians 1:3-4


          Have you ever slept under a under a comforter? It's a plush blanket filled with downy softness that is warm and ultra-cozy. On a cold night, there's nothing like curling up under a warm comforter.
Think of Me that way. I am your comforter. Some people think of Me as a thin sheet or a hard mattress. "What a lie! Like that are meant to keep you from running to Me where you belong. Believe me, I'm just waiting to hold you and cover you. You can curl up in My arms and relax from your struggles. I long to hold you and protect you, My child. I long to comfort you. Run to me.
          What word best describes the way you feel when feel when you watch a dear friend in agony? What is the word you wrap around your feelings when you see pictures on television of starving refugees in africa, or earthquakes victims in Armenia? It probably is the word "compassion."
          We use that word frequently yet hardly give its true meaning much though. I looked up compassion in the dictionary and discovered that the first part of the word mean "with," which relates to the agony and suffering of Christ on the cross." Amazing what you find in some dictionaries!
          When you feel compassion, you experience what Christ feels. And when you say you have compassion for someone, you are standing with that person, agonizing with him, and suffering as though you were in his shoes. Just as Christ placed himself on the cross on our behalf, we are demonstrating compassion when we take on the cross that someone else is bearing. "Let Me Cover You" with my Love and compassion.
         God doesn't want you to merely about a person in heartbreaking circumstances. Aren't your  glad that Jesus did more than just "feel bad" about your sin? He went much further than Pitying our sad situation. He put himself in our place, and His love has given new meaning to the word "compassion."
        "Let us not love with words or tongue but with action and in truth ( 1John 3:18 ).

        Father of compassion, please use me today to reach out to 
        Someone In need. Help me not just feel hurt and pain for
         their situation,but use me to help lighten their load. Jesus 
         Carrued my cross so please grant me Your compassion so
         I may carry the cross of another who needs Your hope and 
         encouragement.



No comments:

Post a Comment