Saturday, April 11, 2015

"Free Steak Dinner"

                 "The Lord" brought me out into a spacious place;
                       He rescued me because he deligted in me.
                                           PSALM 18 : 19


When you read this psalm, you are struck by the fact that God moves heaven and earth to come to your aid when you cry to Him for help. At your heartfelt plea, your Lord thunder from heaven scatters your enemies. Verses sixteen, seventeen, and nineteen then add, "He reached down from on high and took hold of me; He drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me  from my powerful enemy. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me."
          Don't ever think that when you pray for God's support, He remains uncaring or unfeeling about your plea. God is not off somewhere on a mountaintop at an arm's lenght from your cry. When you pray for help, He does not lean over the wall of His ivory tower to tell you to beg louder.
          God is attentive to your needs as a caring father is to his dearest son. When you send out a distress call to the Lord, He parts the heavens to come to your rescue. And if you need to be reminded read psalm entirely: No one who lets out a genuine cry of distress is thinking about manipulating God. Impossible! A heartfelt plea for help carries with it no desire to control the way the Lord deals with you. Rather, such a prayer implies that you've cast yourself on the Lord's mercy, with no hint of impure motive. When you pray like that God immediately recognize the sincerity of your heart and rushes to aid.
          Whenever I hear People say, "Oh, I'm doing pretty well under the circumstances," I always want to say, "what are you doing under the circumstances? Get put from under there"

          I want your life to be better than just okay. I want it to be awesome! I know everybody has hard days sometimes. But My point is that it will always get better. If you're starving, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich tastes good, but a steak dinner tastes even better. But if you stick with Me, I'll lift you high above the circumstances. I want to bless you.
                
         
        

                  

1 comment:

  1. O Lord, how great is Your compassion and love toward us!

    ReplyDelete