Tuesday, September 8, 2015

"Knowing God"

                   Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for
                     righteousness, for they shall be satisfied."
                                         MATTHEW 5:6


Every person is Driven by something whether it is the quest for excellence, the desire to succeed, the thirst for wealth, or the ambition to be known and recognized. Whatever drives you becomes a motivating passion.
        Jesus said the one who has a passion for God will be completely satisfied. Yet for some people, the thought of having a passion for God seems frightening. Prayer advocate David Bryant says that ours fears evolve around three clusters of thought that he describes as, "God won't . . . God will. . .and I can't. . ."
        First people are afraid that God won't come through with what He promised. Many Christians describe the benefits of faith in God in glowing terms of what they have been told you can expect from heaven health, prosperity, soundness of mind, and others blessing. The problem is that many don't understand the fine print of what Jesus call us to do to die to self that He may give life. Yes, there is a sacrifice involved. But the abundant life that God promises far outweight any sacrifice from our end.
        The second cluster of fears includes what God will ask of you. You are afraid that He will ask you to do something you dislike or stop doing something you want to do.
         The third fear is that I can't meet His expectations and He will reject me and push me away like many Christians, you may have tempered a growing passion for God because you were afraid of disappointing Him.
          A passion for God is not about what you do ; it's about what you love. Let knowing God be your driving passion today, say within Me.


Title:      knowing God

Chorus: knowing God 
              and having Him reside within me
              In His love He save me
              the way the thing i do

Verse:     And when i roam He leads me
               And when i slept He kept me
               And when i awake He will speak to me
               About His love nows fills me

Bridge:    I need to be filled within in youe love
               This will surround me yeah yeah

Verse.      And there's your hand shall lead me 
               And your right hand shall hold me 
                Today. . . .yeah yeah
               


No comments:

Post a Comment