Monday, September 21, 2015

" I'll be back

        "Men of Galilee,' they said, 'why do you stand here looking 
          into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from
          You into heaven, will come back in the same way you have
          Seen him go into heaven.'"                            Acts 1:11


It's one of the rules of the church nursery," my friend with three little girls told me. "When you drop off your child, always tell the. You'll come back. And then by all means come back  it's the only way they'll accept being in the nursery."
         What would it be like for us if the angel on the Mount Olives had said. "Jesus has gone" and nothing more? What if Jesus had said "I'm going to prepare a place for you, but you'll have to get there on your own"? I know what I would do. I would give up hope. I'd be lije a child in the nursery standing alone in the middle of toys and books. Staring at the door that once framed my mother. And I'd cry. Not whimpers but bawling scream of pain and panic. There are few things more frightening to a child than being alone without hope that Mom or Dad will return. For the child like has ended.
        But Jesus is coming back, told me so. I need not spend my days in tear or pain. I can enjoy the fellowship of others who are also expecting His return. And I can tell others about Jesus, friends who wonder why they came into this  world in the first place.
        He's gone, but He's coming back. I know. Daddy told me so. And that mskes all the difference.
 
        Lord, You're promised us. You promised that you'd come back 
        For Us. It's been so long, Lord. When will it be ? Please remind 
        Me often of your promise because I need to enjoy fellowship with
        Other of like promise bacause I need readh other of like mind, 
        and I need to reach others don't who don't know about the 
        The promises of your return.

No comments:

Post a Comment