Tuesday, January 31, 2017

For This I Am Thankful

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good for His mercy endure forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34

"GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, for this God's will for you in Christ Jesus," wrote a man who had known more than his fair share of difficulties, His name? We know him as Paul, the apostle of Jesus Christ.
   No matter where you live, every day should be a day of Thanksgiving, For what should you be thankful? Don't limit your gratitude To my list, but may I mention some of the things for which I give thanks?
   First, I give thank for the assurance that I am God's child, that He has forgiven me and brought me into the kingdom of His dear Son not because of the Father's great love for me.
    I also thank God for the bumps on the road, challenges that brings me face to face with my weakness and cause me to cry out for God's help and provision that come in such s way that tells me He has provided as opposed to something "just happening." What He has withheld, I haven't, and what He has given me is a stewardship to be used widely for His work.
   I'm thankful that in a world of turmoil, our great God will allow nothing to happen that escapes His attention or ability to prevent. That's why Paul Wrote, "In every thing give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" (1 Thessalonians 5:18KJV).
   And what of the future? It will arrive just one day at a time, and when tomorrow comes, God's Son will be there to take my hand and walk me through the valley one step at a time. Yes, be thankful, friend. Give thanks to the Lord. . . for His love truly endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment