Monday, March 6, 2017

Grace and Truth

the law was given through Moses; God's unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ.
JOHN 1: 17

With my soul I will bless the Lord with every though and purpose in life. A daily devotion  I read story about, when W.P. MACKAY Left for college, his mother gave him a Bible. On the front page she inscribed, "To W.P. from your mother."
    In college, W.P.began to think of himself as an atheist and even became the first president of the atheist society in Canada. One day Mackay was in the emergency room when a young man was brought in whose body had been badly crushed by a fall, still conscious, the boy inquired about his chances. Dr. Mackay replied, " young man, you don't have two hour to live."
    Calmly, the young man said, "That's akk right, Doctor. I'm ready."
     Is there anything I can do for you?" Mackay asked. "Yes," he said, "in my pants pocket is my paycheck. Send it to my landlady for my last two weeks' rent. And also ask her to send my book."
    Dr. Mackay dispatched an aide from the hospital and began his rounds. At the end of the day, he went back to inquire about the boy. A nurse told him that he had just died. "Did he get 'the book' he asked for?" "Yes she said, " it'd under his pillow," and Mackay walked into the room and reached beneath the pillow.
     There was an old Bible and Mackay opened it s!Owly. The first page was inscribe, "To W.P. from your mother," it was the Bible he pawned years before.
    He took the Bible, went to the doctors' lounge, kneeled, and begged for God's mercy and forgiveness. Dr. Mackay eventually became a Christian apologist and author. The Bible he had abandoned many years before changed his life, just as it has the lives of untold millions. And this nook can change tour life too.

No comments:

Post a Comment