Sunday, March 5, 2017

Who is in Control

I will raise up Cyrus to fulfill my righteous purpose, and I will guide all his actions. He will restore my city and free my captive people and not for a reward! I, the Lord Almighty, have spoken!"
ISAIAH 45:13

At one time in my life statement like that made me cringe and become resentful. Not until I released my grip on my horizontal perspective did I find any comfort in God's sovereignty. Little by little, it began to settle in my mind, bringing relief instead of fear. God is in charge.!
"Wait a minute, wait a minute," I hear you saying, "I've got a question." We all have question about this. I told you it was profound. I told you we couldn't understand it. We want to be in charge. We want to say, "No this is up to me. I choose my own friends. I choose my own interests. I decided where I wanted to go to college."
Now it's my turn to say, "wait a minute." Who sent out the proclamation that you are now in charge? It's not up to you. You're the clay; He's the potter. Remember? You're the branches; He's the Vine. You're the servant He's the Master. It's all in His hands. What a wonderful way to live! What may seem at the time like a series of mysterious, illogical events is, in fact God at work in ways too deep to explain, too profound for you to grasp. . . right now.
   What about the future? Can I know any part of God's determined will for my life in the future? Your spiritual position and your eternal destiny are the only two things you can know with certainty. If you are in Christ now, you can know for certain you will remain in Christ at every moment in the future. The remainder of your future is hidden from you until it happen. Your career, your marriage partner, your home location, your grade in school, your sickness, accidents, honors, travels, income, retirement are all part of God's determined will but are not revealed ahead of time. Apart from your spiritual position and external destiny, all will happen in your life cannot be predicted with absolute certainty. Mark in the margin of your Bible beside these verse: "Decreed will of God." His decreed will is at work in your life. He's chipping away in your life, causing you to take on the character of His Son. And had You to access became  victorious. Psalm 115:16 ; The heaven are the LORD'S heaven, but the earth he has given to the children of man. God degree and God permit!

No comments:

Post a Comment