Monday, February 19, 2018

Remember our sin no more

Psalm 25:7
"Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways;  according to your love remember me, for you are good, O Lord."

Poor memories are part of human condition. I'm puzzled. How could God possibly forget? That's our job!
  But He does. And His forgetting of my sin is a complete removal from his knowledge of every sin you and I have committed.
  Then why do we feel so bad about our past sins? Because we confuse sin with its impressions. Got a notepad! Let me show you how this can be so. Write the word "sin" in the page Press hard. Now tear off that sheet of paper, crumple it up, and throw it across. The room. That's  how God forget your sin.
   Now take your pencil and rub it on the new page at an angle, back and forth, over the same location where you wrote. And guess what: the ghost of the word "sin" appears.
    That's what our flaws memories do. We go back over the deep impression left by transgression in our life, and we feel just as guilty. if the sin never left. But he encouraged, the impression of sin is not the same thing as sin. Read story of king David, you can cry out, "I can't forget my scars, it seem, Lord. But you have forgotten their cause. Look upon me with loving kind eyes."
It's your choice. Will you continue to work over forgiven sin as with a pencil? Or will you let the Holy Spirit work His lovingkindness?

No comments:

Post a Comment