Sunday, December 1, 2019

The Awsome God|

Father, I am grateful that You have given me assurance of my salvation, but there are so many more spiritual realities of which I long to be certain. As I trust You in life, thank You for brightening the eye of my soul quickening my spiritual understanding. Its a tough world out there, Believe Me, I know, Sometimes people or circumstances seem to gang up on you, and  when they do, you may feel afraid. That's okay I understand, and I care. I want to help you cope with life. That's why I want you to call on Me. Tell Me your fear. I'll be right beside you in the midst of your struggles. The Israelites also praised God in the middle of a dangerous challenge. Theirs involved a large group of warriors who had gathered to fight them (2Chron.20:2). After humbly asking God for help king Jehoshapat appointed a choir to march out into the battles in front of the Israelites army. The worshiper can "Praise the Lord for His Mercy Endure forever (v.21). When they begin to sing the Lord caused the enemy forces to attack and destroyed each other. Praised God in the midst of a challenge may  mean overriding our natural instinct. We tend toward self-protection, strategizing and worry however worshiping can guard our heart against troubling thought and self-reliance. It reminds us of the lesson the Israelites learned "The battle is not ours but God." The awesome God." 

No comments:

Post a Comment