Monday, January 26, 2015

"Straight ahead"

 It is God who arms me with strenght and makes my way perfect.
 2 Samuel 22:33

   The  sun is barely up and that annoying alarm clock is blaring in your ear. Groggily you reach over and fumble around until you hit the snooze button.
just a few more minutes, you think, and then I can get up and face the day.
the alarm sounds again. You know you can't put it off any longer. It's time
to face the inevitable. It's time to wrestle another day to the ground.
     After a couple of cups of coffee, your brain is finally humming. Now the 
question is, which of today's tasks should you tackle first? Before you begin
your work, you might seek inspiration from this prayer, written by Jacob 
Boehme, a German shoesmaker who was born more than 400 year ago:

    Rule over me this day, O God, leading me on the path of righteousness. Put your word in my mind and your
 Truth in heart,that this day I neither think nor feel anything Except what is good and honest. Protect me from all lies
And falsehood, helping me to decern deception wherever I meet it. Let my eyes always look straight ahead on the Road you wish meto tread, that I mightnot be tempted By any distraction. And make my eyes pure , that no false desire may be awakened within me.'"

A day without distraction, focused only on the important. A day viewed through pure eyes.
A day marked by goodness and honesty.
A day of clear direction and no deception.
A day without falsehood and lies.
A day in which God's Word rules our mind and His truth Reign in our heart.
Now that's a day worth getting up for! That's a day worth Embracing. Fully, from the first second.

1 comment:

  1. If you will remain alert in prayer, Jesus will share His heart with you.

    ReplyDelete