Friday, January 2, 2015

Heartfelt Honest Prayer

             "God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in 
              spirit and In truth."                              --John4:24


The most powerful prayer I ever offered was the  shortest. After three
depressing years of suicidal despair over my paralysis, I prayed, "God
if I can't die, show me how to live, please!"
       Things  didn't  change overnight,  but with that simple  prayer my 
outlook began to change. I realized that I had to  take  a responsibility
and face reality head on. With God's help, I  would have to learn how
To do the impossible handle the life in a wheelchair.
       And did God help! It's been said that faith may move mountains,
but prayer moves God. I'm convinced the Lord was  touched deeply 
by my short, simple prayer. Why? Because I pushed myself out of the 
way in order to rely on His Spirit; and I told Him the honest truth about
my desparate desire to live.
       You might not have the strenght to say much more to God than a
simple prayer like mine. God is not looking for alot of fancy words. He
simply  wants you to approach Him in spirit and in truth. That means 
hearfelt honesty.
        You may not change overnight after you offer a prayer in hearfelt
honesty, but change, you will. When we approach zgod in spirit and in
truth, we touch His heart and move Him in a special way.

          When you offer your prayer to Him, mean it! Then observe
          a change in your outlook, You just might start living the 
          impossible.

          Lord of the impossible, I come to You with an open heart.
          I want to be honest and truthful with You. I expose my life,
          I share with You my need. Please glorify Yourself through 
          all the situations and problem I will face today. And thank
          You for caring about my prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Read Isaiah 41:14-15 in His eyes we are just worm, what is worm it has no bone helpless no defence no back fight but God said fear not!! In verse 15 he said..

    ReplyDelete