Tuesday, July 12, 2016

"He's way is right"

"And they shall be no night there; light of the
sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and
they shall reign for ever and ever."
                                            Revelation 22 : 5
God's sovereignty. A mysterious doctrine at all
times, but one with great relevance for our lives.
Not just something for scholars and theologians
to argue over.
    first of all, the sovereignty of God relieves me
from anxiety. It doesn't take away my questions.
It takes away my anxiety. When I rest in it, I am
relieved of my worry.
second, the sovereignty of God frees me from 
explanation. I don't have to have all the answers.
I can't  unravel His full plan in this.
   The problem with learning a little theology,
 remember, is that we start thinking we can
unscrew the inscrutable. Believing we can fathom
the unfathomable. That there's no depth that we
cannot plumb. well, let's face it that's not true.
There are sometimes when those who know the
most simply must back off with hands behind
their back and say, "It's  beyond me. I don't know
why God closes some doors and opens others. I
don't know why some reject Him and become
vessels of wrath. I don't know how that fits in. I
don't know how evil can be used  for good. And
I don't know how the interplay between the two
in some way glorifies God. But I know ultimately
it does and it will, because God will be all in all.
I don't have to explain it.
Third the sovereignty of God keeps me from pride.
Once You got hold of that  thought, and helped us
to face some of the most difficult times of our life.
its kept us on the face before God.
    Like every other human being, We have many,
many battles. We have numerous sins. that
wrestle with and confess and bring before God.
 But I have to tell you, because of our firm
confidence in the sovereignty of God, pride is not
a major battle for us. i never think of being proud,
 not even secretly. sovereignty solves that battle
one and for all. Instead, we must be grateful that
He's given us breath and ability to think and to
minister and serve. He's sovereign over my life,
 and He's sovereign over life. He's sovereign
whether you accept it or not. Nebuchadnezzar
discovered that fact. You may not know it right
now, but you'll know it a second after you die.
God, and God alone, rules His way is right.
       He writes in character too grand
        For our short sight to understand
        we catch but broken strokes, and try
        to fathom all the mystery
        of withered hopes of death of life,
        the endless war, the useless strife
        but He's with larger clearer sight;
       we shall see this
       His way was right
       His waywas right
God was directly involved when you read the
passage in Daniel and give thank fot preserving
thus account if king Nebuchadnezzar and Job
and the writing of Paul so that we might learn that
He rule and His  sovereignty is right. He is right
all the glory  belong to Him alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment