Friday, July 15, 2016

"Sin That break the Law"

"Everyone who sin breaks the law; in fact sin
is lawlessness."
                                                        1 John 3:4
                                                                                    
The young couple was engaged in a most
affectionate embrace when there came the
sound of a key in the front door.
    The young lady broke away at once, eyes
     wide with alarm
     "Heaven," she cried, it's my husband!
     Quick, jump out the window."
     The young man, equally alarmed, made a
     quick step toward the window, then
demurred. "I can't he said, "we're on the
thirteenth floor."
   "For heaven's sake," cried the young lady
exaspetation, "is this a time to be
superstitious?"a ridicule story generally, are
 sometimes considered the most effective
ways of destroying evils and abuses. would it
were so, but I feel tht there are many evils
built so firmly into the human race that
nothing will help.
   Superstition is one subject, I fear, too powerful
to be swept away even by laughter. I doubt that
anyone is immune to it, even those most against
it from the intellectual standpoint. I myself have
a tendency to knock wood when I make a
vainglorious statement or to add a barring acts of
God" when I find myself behaving as though the
future were certain.
How many millions of stories are told, designed
to reinforce some superstition or others; how few
are told to counter it. I remember with gratitude a
perfectly true story. It is dangerous thing to live
a life without a spiritual "plumb line," or standard,
by which you determine right from wrong. God's
Word is a plum line. Futhermore, it has a
devastating heartache that would come to you,
 your spouse, your children, youe relationship,
your friends, How important the law of are for
your life! without them you would be robbed of
the delights God has in store for you. If your are
measuring your life by that of your neighbors,
or society at large. then you are basing your life
on lawlessness, and lawlessness is sin.







No comments:

Post a Comment