Thursday, July 7, 2016

"NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH"

"Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD,
but those who deal truthfully are His delight.
PROVERBS 12:22 (KJV) 

Frankie who had been out of town for a long time, was in New York on a visit and met his old friend Johnnie The two greeted each other enthusiastically and it was not long before they were asking after each other's business affairs.
  "Alas," said Johnnie, raising a mournful eye in
heaven, "not two weeks ago, a vicious fire swept my establishment and reduced it to ashes. Were it not for the heavy insurance I carried, I would, today,? be an utterly ruined man. And you Frankie?
  "How off, but my own situation is rather similar I had a fine establishment in Miami  Beach, and last autumn a hurricane coming in off the sea destroyed it utterely. It is with the insurance money only that I am now able to come to New York to re-establish myself." "Is that so? said Johnnie thoughtfully. "But tell me, Frankie how does one go about arranging a hurricane?" Years ago I read sole unusual and humorous Explanations for auto accident. The following are just a few that people submitted to an insurance company:
  "An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck
my car, and vanished."
   "I had been driving my car for 40 years when
I fell asleep at the wheel and had the accident."
   " pulled away from the side of the road
glanced at my mother-in -law, and headed over
the embankment."
   "The pedestrian had no idea which direction
to go, so I ran over him."
  "The telephone pole was approaching fast. I attempted to swerve out of its path when it
struck my front end."
   "The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve
a number of times before I hit him." "The indirect
cause of this accident was little guy in a small car
with big mouth." These  "excuses" may bring a
smile, and some were probably meant to. But
they also remind us of how prone we are to shade
the facts, especially when it works to our
advantage. The book of Proverb tells us that
"lying are an abomination to the LORD" (12:22).
So let's be careful at all times to speak the truth and nothing but the truth!
     Deceit at first may have its sweets,
      But these are brief, decaying,
       So speak the truth as God directs,
       For all your words He's weighting



                                               



No comments:

Post a Comment