Wednesday, July 20, 2016

" THINKING THEOLOGICALLY"

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."
ROMANS 8:25(KJV) 

   We are riveted to earth, and we don't like things dangling. We don't even like dangling participles. We don't like dangling stories. Don't you hate it when the movie credits start to roll and you!re still saying, "What? Wait a minute. Wait just a minute. I want to know who won. Who got the girl? What happened?" I hate that, when the movie just ends Well, a lot  of things on life "just end." The credits roll before you get the final details figure out. You lost the romance that you thought was leading to marriage. It just ended. He or she just walked away from you. You lost a marriage that you thought His had put together forever. Our lived are full of stories like that a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma," to use a phrase coined by Sir Winston Churchill.
   We don't know And it's okay See, it's the "okay" part that requires thinking theologically. It's also where the peace cooled from, because we can relax as we leave it with God. Which is another way of saying that we leave it with Romans 8. When things are dangling,
when you can't figure out the ending and the
credits are rolling, when things are not ending as you'd expected, it's time to turn Romans 8. That works every time. I don't know what I would have done through much of my life if I hadn't had Romans 8 as my stablilizer.
   When we think theologically, we find comfort in three things.
1. We wait and perverse. "But if we hope for what we do not see, with perserverance we wait eagerly for it" (Romans 8 :25). Let that truth sink in. Read the verse again. When we don't do what we had hoped to see, think theologically! Don't run. Don't panic. Don't doubt God's love. Don't fight. Wait and persevere through it. You may get sick to your stomach, you may feel head spin when the negative report comes, but you still wait. You persevere. Mentally, you connect with your
Lord and express your willingness to trust Him
entirely.
  That takes faith. "Lord God, I don't know how
to explain it. I don't know why this happen.., why now, why me, why this? But I wait for You. I am determined, by Your grace and on Your strength, to persevere through this time. Because You make no mistakes, You don't have to explain it to me. I'm trusting in You right now." We risk trusting Him, not knowing how it's going to come out. He's  trustworthy so the "risk" is minimal! i'll just stop from here. so think theologically!




No comments:

Post a Comment