Friday, December 16, 2016

Will You Know Christ When You See Him?

But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God.
Luke 22:69

FANNY CROSBY, one of the most prolific hymn writers of the 19th century, became blind in infancy.On one occasion she was asked if she would like to see and she replied, "No, I shall see Him face to face!" Of the 8,000-plus songs she wrote, one that stands out as a favorite of many is the following:
  When my life work is ended, and I cross
       the swelling tide
  When the bright and glorious Morning
      I shall see;
      I shall know my redeemer when I reach
       the other side
And His smile will be the first to welcome me.
I shall know Him, I shall know Him,
When redeemed by His side, I shall stand.
I shall know Him, I shall know Him.
Will you know Christ when you cross heaven's threshold? The disciple knew Him after the resurrection . Saul, confronted by Him on the road to Damascus, knew Him, and though it does not always happen, it is not unusual for people to see Him as they pass from life to Eternal Life.
Why do you think the writers of the Gospels did not give us an actual physical description of what Jesus look like?
The obvious explanation is that what Jesus  is far more important than what He looked like.
Have no doubt, you will know Him. And His smile shall be the first to welcome you into His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment