Monday, December 19, 2016

Yes Never Alone

I will never leave you noir forsake you
Hebrews 13:5

When I was a kid I saw this movie, now I read this again. Robinson Crusoe, the chief character in a novel by Daniel Defoe, was ship wrecked and stranded in an uninhabited island. Life was hard, but he found hope and comfort when he turned to the Word of God.
    Crusoe said, "One morning, being very sad, I opened the Bible upon these words, " I will never, never leave thee, nor forsake thee. " Immediately it occurred that these words were to me, why else should they be directed in such a manner, just at the moment when I was mourning over my condition, as one forsaken if God and man?
    "'Well then," said I, if God does not forsake me,. . . what matter it, though the world should all forsaken me. . . ? From this moment I began to conclude in my mind that it was possible for me to be more happy in this forsaken, solitary condition than it was probable that I should ever have been in my other state in the world, and with this thought I was going to give thanks to God for bringing me to this place."
     Have you been forsaken by friend, a child, a spouse? God has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you" (Hebrew 13:5). So you too can say with confidence, "The Lord us my he!per, I will not fear. What can man do to me? (V.6).
When all around me is darkness
And earthly joys have flown.
My Savior whispers His promise
Never to leave me alone

No comments:

Post a Comment