Sunday, December 12, 2021

PASS IT ON

SCRIPTURE; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
VERSE FOR TODAY: For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scripture (1Coronthian 15:3, New International Version).
HYMN FOR TODAY: "We've a Story to Tell to the Nations,"

While talking to a childhood friend recently, I made the statement, "I just don't witness enough anymore." "Thank goodness!" was her unexpected reply. At first I didn't understand her answer, then I began to laugh. She remembered! My mind went back over 45 years to an afternoon when, as a fervent ten-year- old, I held tightly to her bicycle handlebars refusing to let her go home until she came up to my bedroom and got saved." (Fortunately, in spite of me, she later became a Christian.) 
Paul heard the gospel from the Christian he was persecuting. Now, in this chapter says, "What I received I passed on to you. .." and in Philemon 6, he urges, "I pray that you may be active in Sharing your faith."
This is clearer in John 28:6,7, when the angel said to the women at the tomb, Come and see. . . go... and tell. . ." 
D.L. MOODY wrote, The monument I want after I am dead and gone is a monument with two legs going about the World--- a saved sinner telling about the salvation of Jesus Christ." 
What has Christ done for you? Pass it on to someone today--at school, at work, at home.

PRAYER THOUGHT: Lord, help us to pass it on to someone today because your word is a light to our feet. And  without You we can't do nothhing..help us to pass the gospel along to help save someone for eternity. Teach us to do so with love and compassion. In the name of Jesus.
 . 

No comments:

Post a Comment