Monday, July 6, 2015

"SLOW DOWN AND LISTEN"

"Be still, and know that I am God"
Psalm 46:10

You are always on the moves doing homework, talking on the phone, spending time with your friends caught up in the hurry and noise of your life.
Do you know that I want to be your friend, too? I have things to say to you secret to share. That's why I want you to slow down and listen. Turn off the cd player and the TV for a while. Stop rushing around. When you are still, you will feel My love. I am real, even know what you're thing about it.
ASK YOURSELF, "Are my activities programmed from the time I wake up in the morning until I go to bed at night?" If the answer is yes, ask a second question:
"Do I find that I have more to do this year than I had to do last year?" After a while you tend to mechanically live your life strictly in terms of your output whether it is amount of time you logged in at work, number of trips you took with your family, or how many meeting or church services can crowed can crowd into your schedule.
Busyness is an addiction claiming more victims today, robbing us of creativity, leisure and peace of mind. We are more tense, our stress level is hiigher, and we become easily irritated by those whom we love. If we are honest, we will admit that we are not the loving caring person we were.
So what's our greatest need today? Is it better organizational skill? Learning to be more efficient? Or do we need to whittle down the to-do list, realizing that we can't do everything, and far more important God never intended for us to do so much?
God said, "Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10). The phrase "be still" means to cease from your striving, your activity, and yes, your busyness. You need to back away from the busyness of life to nurture your relationship with God. That is precisely why quiet time is necessary. We need time to think through things, to pray about them and to seek the mind of God.
You are busy as you choose to be and as addicted to the thrill of "more" as you allow youself. Take control of your life before it controls you. Life is too short for it to not be enjoyed be still, spend time with the people God has put in your life. And spend time with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment