Friday, July 3, 2015

"TRUST"

"A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. 
The disciples woke him a d said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown? He still!" Then the wind died down And it was completely calm." 
MARK 4 : 37-39

Had we been in the boat, our faith would have had an advantage over the disciple. Unlike the', we have the Bible two thousand year of church history the testimony of Resurrection the indwelling of the Holy spirit. The disciple had none of that. So what would have been our response when the squall  hit the boat? I like to believe I would have held on to the on to the riggng and learn over to whisper in Jesus' ear, "Don't wake up from Your sleep, Lord. Rest easy and our Father's grace will see me through this storm. I trust You're in control no matter what You're doing." Oh, for the chance to show Jesus that , yes, I trust Him! Well, I have that chance every day. And so do you.
"I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea come drifting home with broken masts and sails; I shall believe the hand
  Which never fails, from seeming evil worketh good to me and, though I weep because those sails are battered, still Will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered, 'I trust in thee.'
  May my trust in zyou complete, O Lord May my confidence never waiver and my hope never faltered. When stormy Trials beset me, my rely on You finally and fully. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment