Tuesday, July 7, 2015

"I KNOW YOU SO WELL"

"I can never escape from your spirit! I can never get away from your presence"                    Psalm 139:7 (KJV) 

  Sometimes you feel that no one understand you that nobody sees when you're happy and nobody cares when you're sad. Your parents may seem too busy. Your teachers have their own problems. Even your friends don't seem to be tuned into what you're feeling. But I know. I know you so well! I always have. I understand everything about you, your joy and sorrow. All those thoughts you want to express, but can't hear them, because I can listen to your heart. I see, I hear, I care, I understand. Come talk to Me today. Running away from problem is something many of us do. The Bible tells of people who did just that: Elijah, who didn't to face a wicked woman's wrath; Jonah, who didn't like God's assignment; David, who fled from Saul; and the prodigal, who decide to take the money and run. But the plight of all these who have run away from their difficulties was never easy. So what can we learn from these runaways?
  You can't run enough to escape from God. He'll be wherever you go. David wrote, "I can never escape from your spirit! I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me" (Psalm 139:7-10). You can find God even in the midst of your deepest distress. Jonah said, "In my distress, I called to the Lord, and he answered me" (Jonah 2:2).
  You can find new direction for your life. Afraid of Jezebel, Elijah ran for his life. After being on the run for 40 days, he met God. Instead of rebuking him for running, God gave him a new assignment  And finally, the story of the prodigal son teaches us that the path back to the Father's house may be dificult, but it brings peace, healing and restoration. Come home, friend. God will embrace you and forgive you when you seek Him and His forgiveness. When He opens the door, you will find what you've been searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment