Monday, November 4, 2019

Road to Victory

God leads His children today, but I will limit in one that i think are the most significant methods of God's leading. First and most basic, God leads us through His written Word. As the psalmist said, "Thy word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path" (Psalm 119:105) "following the will of God means you must be willing to give up your creature comforts. And now behold, bound in spirit, I am on my way to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit solemnly testifies to me in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions await me. But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, in order that I may finish my course, and the ministry which I receive from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts20:22-24). Here as being "bound in the spirit." He is caught up in following the Will of God, committed to it, bound by it. "I'm leaving you folks here in Ephesus," he says, "and I'm going where it's not going to be as comfortable. In fact, there will struggles, pressures, discomfort, and afflictions dangerous risks, even imprisonment. But none of that matter. Even my life doesn't matter."
We're in a process; we're on a journey. If we are to finish the course well, according to the will of our Lord. We must be willing to face some tough things in the journey. Among them will be the loss of things familiar and the need to make some major adjustments. Now we know some of the essentials that are required before we can even think of following the Lord's will. Yet even if all those are in place, or at least we have to be able to sense the presence and pleasure of our Leader. So then, how does God lead us into His will today? Without removing all the mystery that often accompanies His will, I have found several absolute that assist me in following the Lord. Lead me to victory! Don't use the open-window method," letting the wind blow across the pages of your Bible and then closing your eyes and pointing to a verse and saying, "This is Gods leading on this." If you do that, you could end up with "Judas went away and hanged himself" as your verse for the day! Don't go there. I tell you remember the Psalmist 119:105 your road to victory. Hallelujah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment