Sunday, October 2, 2016

"We get to tell them"

The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light.
Isaiah 9:2 (KJV) 

  I read classic devotion book it was like this I was driving through the mountain of western Maryland on a cold December night. As I topped a ridge near Rocky Gap State Park, a brilliant sea light caught my attention. What in the world is that? I wondered as the exit road flashed past. It so aroused my curiosity that 5 miles down the interstate I turned around and dove back to see what it was a local community's celebrate in lights during the Christmas season. At noon, I wouldn't have notice anything. But at night, the dazzling display couldn't be ignored.
  Strange, isn't it, that we complain about the moral and spiritual darkness of our world, yet it is the perfect setting for the radiance of the Lord Jesus Christ. At Christmas, we often read these prophetic words: "The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them a light had shined 
(Isaiah 9:2).
  Jesus said to Himself: I am the light of the world" (John 8:12), and to His disciple, "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on hill cannot be hidden" (Matthew 5:14). In a dark world, people don't see a great light without wondering, why it's there and what it means. we get to tell them. His said yes and Amen!
  Finally, brethen, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any vitue, and if there be any praise, think on these things (Philippians 4:8). We get to tell them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment