Wednesday, October 26, 2016

"DYING TO SELF"

"I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who love me and gave himself for me."
                                                                              Galatians 2:20 

What does the word self mean? It is conciousness of being with the capacity of decision. it is represented by our free will and what we decide to do with it. Unredeemed self is harsh and uncompassionate towards others. Self is egotistical and centered on "only me," "everything for me," and "me" first. It is irritable, envious, resistant, critical, arrogant, discontented, and anxious.
    The only way to be victorious over self is to be broken. Then we can spill out our perfume before the Lord, just like the woman who broke the alabaster box did. Jesus was pleased that the woman took costly perfume and poured it out in act of love and humility. By her action, she declared that Jesus was worthy if receiving the best of the best.
    As  followers, we can't just put up a front and pretent to be something we're not. When Jesus Christ comed into our heart, He breaks us of self. Then we can show His character in all that we do.
    Andrew Murray said, "Just like water always seek to fill the lowest places, so also the moment that God finds us humble and empty, He fills us with His glory and power." All we have to do is present oursrlves empty and broken befire Him and then let Him fill us and keep us.
     As we die to self these read Galatians 5:22-23 these fruit will be more more evident in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment