Saturday, October 29, 2016

TO LOVE or NOT to Love

"He who pursue righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor."
                                                                                Proverb 21:21

I  wheeled into the house the other day and had a very biblical experience I felt like Jonah entering the mouth of the whale. The house stank of fish. Mu fisherman husband had caught twenty-two tuna. I glanced into the kitchen and saw my dishes pushed aside to make room for mounds of tuna filets. My heart sank when I noticed tuna blood dripping between the sink and the stove where no sponge can reach.
   I knew what thus meant. tuna noodle casseroles. Fried tuna Grilled, baked, and barbecued tuna. Souffleed and sashimied. Poached and pancaked. And the rest Ken would freeze for later on. My anger began to well.
   That evening Ken barbecue his tuna, fixed his special sauce, cut lemons and parsley, and set my plate before me with a big smile. Even though I hate tuna and was still mad over the less in the kitchen, I decide then and there that love is stronger than the smell of fish. As I forced it down, I realized it is better to please my husband than ti please ly tastebuds.
    Love is lived out that way. Last-minute choiced yhat drcide fir someone else. Quick decisions to lay aside diffferenced and cheer someone on Skin-of-the teeth, under-the-Wire bits of love that say "You means a lot to me." Always love is a choice
     You come up against score of opportunity every day to love or not to lovr. You encounter hundred of small chances to please your friends, delight your Lord, and encourage your family. That's why love and obedience are intimately linked you can' have one without the other.
     I choise to love, Lord I choose to obey. May the small things I do today tell others "Jesus loves you
  

No comments:

Post a Comment