Monday, August 31, 2015

"TRUST"

        "A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat,
         so that it was nearly swamped. Jesus was in the stern, sleeping
          On a cushion. The disciple woke him and said to him, "Teacher, 
         dont you care if we drown? He got up? Rebuked the wind and 
         said To the waves, quiet be still! The. The wind died down and it
         completely calm."                                                Mark 4: 37-39


Had we been in the boat, our faith would have had an advantage over the disciples. Unlike them, we have the Bible. . . Two thousand years of church history. . . the testimony of the Resurrection. . . The indwelling of the Holy Spirit. The disciples had none of that.
         So what would have been our response when the squall hit the boat? I like to believe have held on to the rigging and leaned over to whisper in Jesus' ear, "don't wake up from your sleep, Lord. Rest easy and our Father's grace will see me through this storm. I trust You're in control no matter what You
are doing." Oh, for the chance to show Jesus that, yes, I can trust Him!
         Well, I have that chance every day. And so do you.

         "I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea come drifting
          home with broken masts and sails; I shall believe the the 
          hand which never fails, from seeming evil worketh good
          to me. And though I weep because those sails are battered, 
          still will I cry, while my best hopes lis shattered, 'I trust in thee."'
                                                                          --Ella Wheeler Wilcox

          May my trust in You be complete, O Lord. May my confidence
          never  waver and my hope never faltered. When stormy trials
          Beset me, may I rely on You finally and fully.


No comments:

Post a Comment