Monday, August 10, 2015

"LEAD THE DRIVING TO ME"

         "Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead.
        You're not in the driver's seat; I am. Don't run from suffering;
        embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no
        Help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way to finding your true self."
                                         Matthew 16:24-25


I'm about to give you a hard assignment. Take your hands off of the handlebars. This bicycle (your life) only needs one driver, and I want you to leave it to Me. If you can do that, I promise youthe ride of life!
We will pedal together through suprising and difficult places. You'll sometimes say to me, "No, Father, this is too scary!" But I'll just answer, "Hold on, and trust Me. This is the way." What you're signing up for is not a self-help program. There won't be any New Year's resolutions, or turning over a new leaf,or patching up your old self. The real you and I are going on a great adventure, and I'm the only One Who's got the map. So hang on!
        The Chicago River is unusual because it flows backward. Engineers reversed its direction over a century ago because city-dwellers were using it as a dump. Dishwater, sewage, and industrial waste all funneled into the river, which emptied into Lake Michigan. Since the lake supplied drinking water for the city. Thousands grew sick and died before city authorities devide to redirect the river to flow backward, away from the lake.
        When we look at the earthly life of Jesus, it may seem backward from what we would expect. As the king of glory, He came to earth as a vulnerable infant. As God in the flesh, He endured accusations of blasphemy. As the only sinless man. He was crucified as. Criminal. But Jesus lived on earth according to God's will (John6:38).
        As followers of Christ, to clothe ourselves with Jesus' attitudes and action may appear backward." Blessing our enemies (Roman 12:14). Valuing godliness over wealth (1Tim.6:6-9), and taking joy in hardship (James 1:2) see. To oppose worldly wisdom. Yet Jesus said. "Whoever loses his life for My sake will find it" (Matt. 16:25). Don't worry if living your life sometimes means operating reverse. God will give you the strength to honor Him, and He will propel you forward. Your guide,
Lead the driving to Me

No comments:

Post a Comment