Wednesday, August 12, 2015

O' Lord thou art my Lamp!"

"For thou art my lamp, O Lord;
and the Lord illumines my darkness.
2 Samuel 22 : 29

  Helen Keller may have lost her ability to see, hear, and speak at a very early age, but she did not lose her gift of inspiring others.
  In her many books and through a world tour designed to promote the education of others who shared her disabilities, Keller spoke eloquently on the subject of darkness the kind that invades the hearts and mind of the sighted: Truly I have looked into the very heart of darkness, and refused to yield to its paralyzing influence, but in spirit I am one of those who walk tin he morning.
  What if all dark discouraging moods of the human mind come across my way as thick as the dry leaves of autumn other feet have traveled that road  before me, and I know the desert leads to God as surely as the green, refreshing fields and fruitful orchards. I, too, have been profpundly humilated, and brought to realize my littleness amid the immensity of the creation. The more I learn the less I think I know and the more I unerstannd of my sense experience, the more I perceive its shortcoming and inadequacy as a basis of life sometimes the points of view  of the optimist and the pessimist are placed before me so skillfully balanced that only by sheer of spirit can I keep my hold upon a practical, livable of philosphy of life. But I use my will  choose life reject its opposite .....
nothingness"'
  When the day ahead of you seems shadowed or darkness threatens to overcome you, chose life! Take Heken Kellers words to heart and reject "nothingness" by turning to the Lord. He will bring light into your soul and joy into your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment