Saturday, August 22, 2015

LET THERE BE LIGHT"

      "And it come about that whoever calls on the name of the 
                                Lord will be delivered
                                    Joe, 2:32 NASB


Do you ever feel inadequate? Unworthy? Most of us do from time to time. And we all know people who we think are too successful to have those same feelings.
      Martin Luther, the sixteenth-century German preacher and Bible scholar who initiated the protestant Reformation, sounds like the type of man who would be eminently sure of himself. Any man who would dare to publicly question the theology of his church in a time when it could cost him his life could not be a man who had doubts about himself. Or could he?

      In truth, Luther spent his early years obsessed by his presumed unworthiness. He periodically fasted and mistreated his body in an attempt to "earn" God's favor. On a pilgrimage to Rome, he climbed the steps of pilate on his knees, kissing each step. He wrote later that in those years he was constantly confessing his sins to God, yet he never felt he had done enough.

      One day while reading the book of Romans, Luther realized he could not earn his salvation. The Bible says we recieve salvation, not earn his salvation. The Bible says we receive salvation, we do not earn it. (See Romans 4:13,14) those verse of scripture liverated Luther, radically changing his opinion that it was his works which made him worthy of God's grace.

      He recognized Jesus Christ had already done all the "earning" necessary for his salvation. He simply Needed to receive what Jesus had done that He had paid the price for his sin on the cross by faith.

       On days when we fall flat on our faces in failures or just feel low, we need to remind ourselves that our mistakes are not the end of the world. Our inadequacy is not our doom. Our salvation doesn't depend on how well we manage to color inside the lines!

       Perfection may be our aim, but when we realize we haven't arrived there, we need to relax and turn to the Lord, saying, "Forgive me for what i have done, and for what I have left undone. I trust You to be my Savior, my Deliverer, my Hope, and my perfectionj." He is and He always wiil be!" 


                        It is You

Verse:        Let there be light 
                  And there was light
                  In you i will abide
                  Your word is alive
                  It's You i gave my praised
                  Because of your love
                  And the goodness of the Lord
                  Be upon us today
                  He's justly, yes justly
                  In all His ways!

Verse:        Because of You
                  I am revived
                  You touched my life
                  Because of You
                  I gave my praised!
                  Because of your love
                  In His presence 
                  Your Holy Presence
                  I will never be the same
                  I will praised You 
                  And worship You
                  My King!

Chorus:      It is You My Jesus 
                  It is You My Lord!
                  I'll surrender my whole life to you
                  It is You My Jesus 
                  It is You My Lord
                  I'll surrender everything to You
                  
                  
           

                




      

No comments:

Post a Comment